Stopping into your favorite coffee shop in Los Angeles may be a morning habit, but did you ever stop to think that your health may be benefiting from that morning cup of coffee? Aside from its great taste and its ability to shake you out of your morning stupor, coffee is pretty darn healthy when consumed in moderation. Sorry folks, more cups will not equal out to more benefits, even if the coffee is organically grown and served by the best baristas in town.
When you love coffee as much as we do, it is important to know what it is doing to your body when you ingest it on a daily basis. These are not just our healthy hopes for coffee, these are scientifically studied health benefits that have been published in multiple studies about coffee:
- Improved Energy & Focus: Everyone knows that caffeine improves energy levels. Caffeine also stimulates a neurotransmitter in the brain which helps to improve focus!
- Fat Burner: Caffeine stimulates the release of fat burning hormones. It also tends to help improve metabolism which helps burn fat, even when you are sitting around!
- Stimulating The Nervous System: Caffeine within coffee helps stimulate the nervous system. Studies have shown that the boost to the nervous system helps burn fat by increasing the amount of fat burning hormones within the blood. Drinking coffee before a workout helps improve overall performance.
- Antioxidants & Other Essentials: Black coffee is chock full of antioxidants and other essential nutrients that the body craves. While you can ingest these nutrients through meals, it is nice to know that your morning cup of coffee helps improve your nutrient intake.
- Disease Prevention: Studies have shown that men and women who drink one to four cups of coffee a day have a lower likelihood of many diseases and illnesses; depression, suicide, liver cancer, colorectal cancer, Parkinson’s, dementia, and type II diabetes.
Now that you know what your morning cup of coffee can do for your health, don’t forget to stop into Vees Cafe! One of our coffee shop locations in Los Angeles should always be a part of your morning routine.